Govardhan Ecovillage Galtare
Hamrapur (P.O), Wada (Taluka),
Palghar (District) – 421303
Office Timings: 9AM to 6PM
By Road: From Mumbai
Govardhan Ecovillage is well connected by road from Mumbai, India’s financial capital. We are about 108 km from down-town Mumbai. It takes between 1.5 – 2.5 hours to reach us (depending on traffic conditions.)
Follow these instructions to reach Govardhan Ecovillage:
- Head North on the Western Expressway: Travel north along the western express highway for most of the way. Coming from Mumbai, you will need to pass two toll gates, one at Mira Road and another at Virar. After traveling a further 28 km north take a right turn at “Ten Naka” (Manor off-ramp). You will see some land marks like Hotel Decent and Hotel Vegas just before reaching the Ten Naka turn-off.
- Please note, we are NOT located in WADA but in Galtare which is nearest Manor/Ten districts.
- Take the Manor/Ten Naka off-ramp: Just after you take the off-ramp, you will pass the Hotel Taj Inn, you will need to take a right turn under the bridge into Ten Naka. Then travel another 3 km on this WADA/Manor road and look out for a narrow turn right at “Hamrapur Phata”. There is metal arch at the entrance of this road. There is also a Govardhan Ecovillage signboard at the entrance of this road.
- Turn right into Hamrapur Phata / Galtare: After taking this right turn travel along this narrow, long winding road for 7km to reach “Galtare” where Govardhan Ecovillage is located. The property is on the left of the road and you will see the signboard and bricked wall entrance gates. There is ample car parking inside the property.
By Road: From Palghar
- Govardhan Ecovillage can also be reached from Palghar which is 36 km from Govardhan Ecovillage.
- From the Palghar, take the Manor highway and travel along the ghat road to reach Manor.
- Continue further along the same direction for 3 km to join the Mumbai-Surat national highway (NH8) at “Mastan Naka”. Take a right turn at Mastan Naka and head south 1 km to reach “Ten Naka”. Take a left turn and follow the route described above.
- There is a state run public transport bus at 7:30 AM from Palghar station, that drops you directly to Govardhan Ecovillage. The destination bus stop is called “Galtare.”
- The nearest railway station is Palghar Railway station which is 36 km from Govardhan Ecovillage.
- Palghar is well connected by train from Mumbai and Gujarat. From there travel by road by bus or taxi as described above.
The nearest airport is Mumbai International Airport which is 90 km from Govardhan Ecovillage. While Visitors can hire a pre-paid taxi from the Airport directly to Govardhan Ecovillage and travel along the route described above, we recommend arranging a cab with one of our preferred cab drivers as they are trusted and aware of the route and will not get lost, as our location is outside Mumbai city.