Maya Ganesh is a consultant on regenerative agriculture and waste management, undertakes socio-environmental research for academia and is an educator and writer. Her areas of research interest are closed-loop systems, community driven sustainable initiatives, rural-urban linkages and spiritual ecology.
She has over 16 years of work experience in the private sector and 6 years in the socio-environmental sector. She transitioned to the socio-environmental sector after a master’s degree in Environment & Sustainable Development from University College London (UCL).
Some of her projects include field work and documentation of Govardhan Ecovillage’s ‘rural outreach program’, waste management for a restaurant and working farm, urban agriculture and waste management for a school along with the students, designing curriculum around sustainable initiatives for a school, peri-urban beekeeping, community capacity building, advocacy, and education; features writing; academic research and publications.
Presented by – Maya Ganesh
Date: 08th to 09th Sept 2018
Location: Govardhan Ecovillage, P.O. Box Hamrapur, Tal: Wada, Dist: Palghar
Contact: 8291957160; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check in on 8 Sept 12 noon
Check out on 9 Sept 10 am
4 in an AC Room – charges Rs. 5000 per head
2 In a Non-AC Room Common toilet / bath – Rs. 4000 per head
Registration will close on 31st Aug 2018.
Rates include 5 meals for 2 days
Govardhan Ecovillage is about 108 kms from Mumbai city and 233 kms from Pune city. It is a beautiful picturesque drive on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway from Mumbai and Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway from Pune. You could drive down or hire a cab to get to the Ecovillage.
- How to get started on Urban Edible Gardening indoors, on balconies, porches, backyards and terraces
- Turn your waste into wealth for your plants, segregate and recycle
- Make your own soil
- Types of seeds and where to get open pollinated seeds
- Water management, recycled water, low maintenance design, choice of plants
Hands on Experience!
- How to choose planters, what are companion plants, how to grow greens, tubers, creepers and edible weeds
- Learn to sow seeds and save seeds
- Sapling transplantation, mulching, pest control through biodiversity
- Take home saplings and seeds